Re: Monit problems

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit problems
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:49:47 +0100

arthur.chereau wrote:

Furthermore, the fact that "ssh" is a reserved
keyword prevents users from using "ssh" as an application name.

Sorry, i forgot to exlain my oppinion to that. In the sense of /etc/services the name is correct.

Problem is, that the package (at least debian's) is named "ssh" and lot of users (me too) used in the past string "ssh" for monit's resource definition. I think that present solution is still good because we used for other protocol statement names (smtp, http, imap, etc.) the same rule => it is good to keep the concept.

In fact monitored process name is "sshd" - not "ssh" (which is service and client's name ) => the conflict isn't so bad. "secsh" is little bit strange (not usual) and it could make problems to understand for the majority of users at first look.

Cheers,
Martin