Re: MONIT Startup

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: MONIT Startup
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:48:31 -0600

Gentoo's got the standard sysvinit, which is why I needed monit to
ensure things kept running. Simply starting something is insufficient.

I must admit they've got some neat features with dependency checks and
nonstandard runlevels and management tools, but its still just
sysv. Much fancier than my old Slackware boxes. ;]