Re: Misc monit questions

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Misc monit questions
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 16:19:48 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Apropos file locations; the new monit state function (currently in
CVS, but will be part of the next release) use a file to save the
current monit state in $HOME/.monit.state. I think it could be
beneficial to be able to set the location of this file, for instance
/var/run/monit.state in addition to $HOME/.monit.state. The reason is
that monit will chocke if the /home partition was unmounted for some
reason while monit is running. Any thoughts on this?

Yeah, it will be better (i personally preffer /var/run over home directory) - we can do it the similar way as we did with pidfile location.

Martin