Re: Alerts on restart

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Alerts on restart
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:48:40 +0200

Hi,

Nils Ohlmeier wrote:

But i have a little questions:
is it possible to send alert messages only if monit (re)started the program because it detected the failure of the program?

Maybe i don't understand exactly what are you asking for. Do you want to differ starts which were made by monit because of:

1.) monit detected failure during protocol, resource tests, etc. (process is running but functionality test failed) 2.) or wheter monit detected that the program isn't running at all (process doesn't exist)

Monit doesn't allow to register just one type of above events (at least in current version). Both these events are selectable through 'restart' option of alert statement (for example):

alert address@hidden on { restart }

I start the program through monit and still receive warnings although this start is done by a user.

I don't understand this - please describe the method which make problems to you.

Thanks,
Martin