RE: Host connection test and alert/exec

From: Srinath
Subject: RE: Host connection test and alert/exec
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:03:54 +0100

Hi,

I am new too...but was wondering if something like the following works

if failed port 21 for 3 cycles  then exec
"/usr/X11R6/bin/xmessage -display :0 RedHat is down as usual!"

Here if the connection failure is for 3 consecutive cycles only then the
command is executed.
But as i said, i am not 100% sure, worth a try..

Thanks,

Srinath Maddali
Deltion Ltd
address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>