Re: Feature request: /etc/monit.d config directory and include support

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Feature request: /etc/monit.d config directory and include support
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:55:57 +0100

Martin <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it could be easier to extend monit by support for
> configuration via database as discussed in the past. Then monit will
> be able to read its configuration from central or distributed
> database (for example ldap or sql) and managment interface (m/monit)
> can just manage configuration at one place. As soon as you will
> decide to aply new configuration on appropriate node, you can send
> 'reload' command to monit via http.
>
> What about it?

Good idea, but this gave me an even better idea. We can use an
embedded database directly for configuration instead of monitrc. I
have a good suggestion for a database: I'm using sqlite in zild and
I'm very happy with it. The nice thing is that sqlite is an embedded
database library which can be linked directly into monit. The actual
database is simply a (b-tree) file. Check out
<URL:http://www.sqlite.org/> and let me know what you think. It's a
very cool database/library and very easy to use.

Ps. this doesn't mean that a central database is void, it's still a
good idea. You just got me started on this new idea :-)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland