[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Announce] monit 4.2-beta
[Announce] monit 4.2-beta
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:10:14 +0100
Gnus/5.1006 (Gnus v5.10.6) XEmacs/21.4 (Reasonable Discussion, linux)
The monit 4.2-beta is available:
Download from: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/
Change log: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/CHANGES.txt
Checksum: b8eea9f6f823b9ad4f0327a8916b2292 monit-4.2-beta.tar.gz
We ask that as many as possible will help us in testing this beta. The
release has been tested on Linux and Solaris.
There are important changes, both bugfixes and new features. Please
see the extract from the change log just below.
CHANGES version 4.2
NEW FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS:
* Support for httpd server version signature hiding. Syntax:
By default the monit httpd server will show its version in the
* Support for file inclusion in the control file (monitrc).
* Services not monitored does not have there status displayed in the
web interface, but instead a "not monitored" text is shown.
* monit now prints it's status in text and in xml format via this
URL: http://localhost:2812/_status?format=xml and
* Ring move protection added to process tree code. There was a rare loop
problem detected which can cause monit's crash. Thanks to Allen Shaw
<publicnet2!hotmail com> for reporting the problem.
* Parser fixes to prevent possible crash during configuration phase.
* Fix invalid monitrc's line number reported when the control file
parser detected semantical problems (i.e. not syntax problems).
Thanks to Peter Holdaway <pholdaway!technocom-wireless com> for
reporting the problem.
* Also fixed a problem with locked mutex across a fork on Solaris
(and probably other OS other than Linux v. 2.4 with a "real" thread
implementation). The problem manifested itself (infrequently) by
monit not beeing able to start a requested program and the forked
monit process hanging on a mutex. Thanks to Peter Holdaway
<pholdaway!technocom-wireless com> for discovering the problem and
for providing a patch that fixed the problem.
* The logger is now made thread-safe with a mutex. There existed a
possibility for two or more threads to write to the log file at the
* Service names in the .monitrc control file is not allowed to start
with a slash '/', because such service names cannot be viewed
properly in the monit web interface.
* Re-added close-on-exec for sockets created by monit, so sockets
will not be kept open in processes started by monit. This
functionality was left out by a
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Announce] monit 4.2-beta,
Jan-Henrik Haukeland <=