Re: Need help with monit script

From: Andreas Rust
Subject: Re: Need help with monit script
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:17:15 +0200

I crossed a similar problem a while back and due to my limited scripting abilities simply gave up and changed my conditions there. (Yeah, the M$-way of doing things, I admit :) )

My problem was that the script couldnt really make up wether it was called on 2 failures in a row or if there was an OK cycle between 2 error conditions. (Didn't want to work with timestamping or sumthing alike)

That was on some early 4.x version of monit and I didn't look into the problem again, but wonder now as it comes up again if
one can execute a script whenever a test was ok aswell. (???) :)

 check host server1 with address
  if failed icmp type echo with timeout 15 seconds
  then exec "/path/to/my/event_handler"

    Andreas Rust     -   webnova GmbH
    address@hidden  -
    Tel:  +49 (0)700 - 20 30 7000