Re: Execution failed ?

From: Andreas Rust
Subject: Re: Execution failed ?
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:55:07 +0200

Hi,

Are you running sendmail or postfix or other MTA?
Monit seems to be needing a MTA running.
Would be good to use some existing libs in order to be
independend of a MTA I think, but for the moment this
is not the case.
Cheers,
Sorin

Ofcourse I saw that it will require an MTA, but the "Execution failed" error does not clearly point to that,
it merely assumes the service in question is causing a problem.

As I already wrote the machine currently does not run any MTA software, will be equipped with exim later on though.

l8r

    Andreas Rust     -   webnova GmbH
    address@hidden  -   www.webnova.de
    Tel:  +49 (0)700 - 20 30 7000