[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Announce] monit 4.5-beta1
[Announce] monit 4.5-beta1
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:42:40 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20050105 Debian/1.7.5-1
The monit 4.5-beta1 is available:
Download from: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/beta/
MD5 checksum: cbaba33323b4e03abb80694724fa1ecd monit-4.5-beta1.tar.gz
Change log: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/beta/CHANGES.txt
We ask that as many as possible will help us in testing this beta.
CHANGES since version 4.4:
NEW FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS:
* New URL connection test. It is possible to use the URL notation
when testing the HTTP protocol. The http protocol test is also
changed to attempt to login using Basic authentication if the URL
contains a username and password as shown below. In addition the
protocol test will follow redirects responses from the HTTP
server. Finally the new URL test can be used to test the content
returned by the server. POSIX regular expressions are supported in
this test. Below is an example showing off the new URL test:
check host FOO with address www.foo.bar
if failed url https://user:address@hidden:8080/?query
and content == 'action="j_security_check"'
* Added monit daemon incarnation identification to monit status.
It is unique number based on monit startup time which
identifies monit instance.
* Added wap interface contribution for monit (available in
Thanks to David Fletcher <david at megapico!co!uk> for providing
* Added apache-status protocol test contributed by David Fletcher,
<david at megapico!co!uk>. If you use the Apache Httpd server and
the mod_status module, this test may be useful since you can test
the internals of Apache as reported by mod_status.
* Allow statements accept additionally numeric networks in IP/MASK
* Added process PID change test. This test is implicit and monit will
send alert by default. It is also possible to override the alert
action by explicit definition:
if changed pid then <action>
* Added process PPID (parent pid) change test. This test is implicit
and monit will send alert by default. It is also possible to override
the alert action by explicit definition:
if changed ppid then <action>
* Internal control file language changes. The char '=' is promoted to
a keyword and not longer ignored by monit. This change should be
backward compatible and shouldn't affect existing control files.
* Monit now looks for the controlfile monitrc in the directory
/usr/local/etc/ too (in addition to present ~/, /etc/ and ./)
* NetBSD support added
* Added NTP version 3 protocol test contributed by Michel Marti
<michel!marti at objectxp!com>.
* Added support for monit daemon wakeup via its http interface. This
allows to remotely force the immediate validation cycle start. The
daemon wakeup may be called using "/_validate" url (there is also
button for this action on the main monit http interface page).
Thanks to Leen Besselink <leen at wirehub!nl> for suggesting the
* Fix total real memory usage statistic on Darwin.
* Fix cpu usage statistic on Darwin.
* Make the device space and inode usage statistics more accurate.
Thanks M. D. Parker <mike!parker at ga!com> for reporting the
problem and providing the patch.
* Remove --without-accurate-mem-calcs and make it the default
behaviour. It appears that some of the info in the Linux 2.4
kernel was suspect, and it's outright bogus in 2.6.
* Fix process total memory usage (i.e process itself + children)
monitoring. Thanks to Michel Marti <michel!marti at objectxp!com>
* Fixed custom mailserver port definition in 'set mailserver X port Y'
statement. Thanks to Pavel Urban <urbanp at mlp!cz> for reporting
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Announce] monit 4.5-beta1,
Martin Pala <=