Re: Showing pid and ppid

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: Showing pid and ppid
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:41:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Santiago Dobon wrote:

Hi!

Could it be, that monit was started as unprivileged user? It needs to be started as root on Solaris, in order to gather those data.

Christian

I have recently installed and configured monit on a Sparc-Solaris 8 machine. Monit checks some process correctly, but does not show the pid nor the ppid of those process. Does the pid file need to be written on any special format?

I have modified the file validate.c to include the line "s->inf->pid= pid" and it works OK, now showing the pid.

I still have not found out what to do for the ppid. Any idea?

Compiling the same brandnew 4.5.1 version on a PC-Linux I get the correct pid and other information such as the CPU and memory usage. What could I do to achieve this information on the Sparc-Solaris 8 machine?