Feature request: UDP generic protocol testing

From: Alex Black
Subject: Feature request: UDP generic protocol testing
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:47:55 -0400

There are a number of things I'd like to test for using Monit that answer on UDP, for example SIP and IAX (voip protocols).  Could functionality be added so send/expect can be used with UDP sockets as well as TCP stream sockets?

Other ideas:
- Could monit support plugins for tests, making it easy for people to author their own tests?
- As I emailed previously, being able to declare dependencies for monitoring of tests woudl be very helpful... Unless there is already a way to do this that I am missing :)

Thanks!  Monit is an awesome tool and continually saves our butts here.

- Alex