Re: 4.7-beta1: monit <command> <service> does not work

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: 4.7-beta1: monit <command> <service> does not work
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:34:17 +0100

On 19. des. 2005, at 22.38, metaworx lists wrote:

after installing 4.7-beta1 we where not able to send monit any command
using the monit binary. exit code is allways 0.

but: if i use strace on the monit command, then everything works as
suspected  :o

... and i can do any command i like from the webinterface.

can any one reproduce this?

Can't reproduce this, but I'm on Mac OSX, without the resource part of monit. Anyway, this looks suspiciously like a memory bug. Can you start monit with the debug flag like so, monit -Iv. Debug is now printed to the console, anything interesting? If not, this looks like a job for valgrind, unfortunately not available on OSX. If this is reproducible, maybe someone can run valgrind on the beta and provide a listing? (mind that if ssl is compiled in, ignore openssl errors/ warnings in valgrind).

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255