monitoring FIFOs permissions

From: Olivier Kaloudoff
Subject: monitoring FIFOs permissions
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:22:27 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

        I am using the wonderful monit since more than one
year now, and there is only one feature missing to me;

        When I try to put a FIFO to be monitored like this;

check file SER_FIFO_PROD path /vservers/sip.domain.com/run/ser_fifo
   if failed perm 777
     then exec "/etc/kalou_net/prod/sip.domain.com/ser_fifo_perms.sh"

        Monit won't accept it, and shout;

address@hidden ~]# monit

/etc/monitrc:16: Error: The path in a check file test must point to a file '/vservers/sip.domain.com/run/ser_fifo' /etc/monitrc:18: Error: the executable does not exist '/etc/kalou_net/prod/sip.domain.com/ser_fifo_perms.sh'

Is there any way to have fifo monitoring ? Does it cause any
special trouble or could it be simply treated as a file ?

Olivier