Re: Suggestion: extensions to monit-generated HTML

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Suggestion: extensions to monit-generated HTML
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:53:59 +0100

Hi,

in the case that there will be some clear API for modules, i'm not against to support it (depends on all developers opinion of course ;)

Such methods will also need several generic features on monit side, such as method timeout, return some supported monit return code (maybe proposed action identification), handover the optional message description, etc.

Martin

Tatsuya Nonogaki wrote:
Hello everyone.

I write because something Bob Williams says is releted to what I have
been thinking. Those very specific tests will grow MONIT endlessly if
implimented each time someone wants. What if MONIT can do such a test
like bellow ?;

 If Exec test_anything.sh Returns '111' Then ...

By this, administrators can tailor executables to test whatever he
needs. Won't it satisfy Bob's need for example?