Re: weird logs showing up

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: weird logs showing up
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:37:30 +0100

On 10. mar. 2006, at 22.16, alex black wrote:

hey all,

I've got a simple check happening on a PHP URL:

in /var/log/syslog:
Mar 10 14:06:08 lamp monit[18769]: HTTP error: cannot parse HTTP status in response: <!-- UNKNOWN sec -->HTTP/1.1 302 Found

It looks like the HTTP server issue a redirect response (status code 302). Monit does not handle redirects very well. Make sure that the URL you are testing returns a status code of 200, when all is well.

curl --include|head shows:

I assume curl handle (follows) redirects must better than monit.

also does anyone know the status of the http host bug? i.e. the problem where monit does not send a HOST: header which breaks the http/1.1 spec?

Eh..? monit _does_ send a proper HTTP/1.1 request. The only time the Host-header has an empty value is if the request was for localhost, i.e. 'url http://localhost:80/'

If you use an url such as this, with a real hostname, 'url http://' The host-header takes the value of '', in this way monit can properly be used to test name- based virtual hosts.

Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255