With monit, do I have to worry about monit causing cascading failures?

From: Peter M. Abraham
Subject: With monit, do I have to worry about monit causing cascading failures?
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:40:06 -0400

Greetings:

We use H-Sphere -- http://www.psoft.net/ -- to automate our hosting environment.

H-Sphere already has routines in place to do a graceful restart of Apache due to httpd.conf changes.

Is there a way to tell monit that Apache is not really down if monit just happens to do its check when the automation system is already in the process of restarting Apache?

Please note, I'm not talking about having checks for httpd.conf changes in monit, but the general up/down state of Apache.

Thank you for your time.