Re: monit suddenly won't start

From: Mike Pepe
Subject: Re: monit suddenly won't start
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 09:18:58 -0400

Martin Pala wrote:
... what monit version is used? Can you send the configuration files?

Martin

Hi Martin, it's 4.7, and the config file looks like this:

(comments removed for clarity)

set daemon 60
set logfile syslog facility log_daemon
set mailserver mail.doki-doki.net, localhost
set httpd port 6502 and
     allow localhost        # allow localhost to connect to the server and
     allow home.doki-doki.net
     allow admin:monit      # require user 'admin' with password 'monit'
check system quadzilla.doki-doki.net
    if loadavg (1min) > 8 then alert
    if loadavg (5min) > 4 then alert
include /etc/monit.d/*

in monit.d I put all the services as separate entries, as in this sample

check process dovecot with pidfile /var/run/dovecot/master.pid
   start program = "/etc/init.d/dovecot start"
   stop  program = "/etc/init.d/dovecot stop"
   if failed host mail.doki-doki.net port 143 type TCP protocol IMAP
        then restart
   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

it ran before I took out the lockfile check and dependencies, now I get those syntax errors

/etc/monit.d/dovecot:1: Error: syntax error 'process'