Re: multiple pids

From: Marc Petitmermet
Subject: Re: multiple pids
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:26:59 +0200

Usually one of those processes are the control-process and you only need to monitor, start and stop that one. It's probably the one with the lowest pid of the eights. Test by sending this process the SIGTERM signal to check if it takes down the rest.

Not for nfsd. As I mentioned before these are 8 independent daemons; there is no parent or control process.

Regards,
Marc

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland