Need information

From: kapil gupta
Subject: Need information
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:35:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have been very impressed with the capabilities provided by Monit.

I have a scenario, need to know whether Monit can support this

Suppose monit has started two processes A & B such that B has dependency on A. Now, if process A goes down can monit send a signal (SIGUSR) to B so that B can wait for A to come up and once A is up it can re-initialize the connections with it.

Is it possible that monit instead of sending alert message could send a signal to a particular process ?

Regards,

Kapil