(no subject)

From: Andre Creutz
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:53:11 +0200

Some of my server are a 64Bit RedHat 4 Ent. Systems. I installed monit
monit -V
This is monit version 4.8.1
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 by the monit project group. All Rights Reserved.
from rpm.

I want to monitor the content of a file with
 check file ntp.stat with path /etc/monit/ntp.stat
   if match "unsynchronised" within 62 cycles then alert

Here is the content of the file
synchronised to NTP server ( at stratum 3
   time correct to within 222 ms
   polling server every 128 s

Monit summary | grep ntp shows every time
Process 'ntpd'                      running
File 'ntp.conf'                     accessible
File 'ntp.stat'                     Regex match

Then i tried
check file ntp.stat with path /etc/monit/ntp.stat
   if not match "synchronised" within 62 cycles then alert
With the same result

I can do what i want, the Regex match any time on all 64Bit Systems

At the 32Bit Systems the same ntp monitoring is working without any problem.

Any Ideas?

Best regards

Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: