Re: Unable to exec external script

From: Dragan Zubac
Subject: Re: Unable to exec external script
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:32:07 +0100

Hello

Sure thing,here's the whole test setup:

a. application to be monitored is called program.sh (basically every second echo date command output to some /tmp/program.out file),the program itself does not set up it's own pid

b. start up script is called start.sh with start/stop switch,and it's also a wrapper around application handling pid's and stuff like that

In attachment is also :

a. monit.log file,during a couple of cycles where I changed exec action directive in monitrc command to explicitly use bash shell - filename monit.log
b. first monitrc file (before modification) - filename monitrc~
c. second monitrc file (after modification) - filename monitrc
d. script to be execute on event (changed pid in this case) which can accept optional parameter
    - filename test.sh
e. monit -vI output file - filename monit.out

During test I monitored /tmp/helo.out which is a file where goes output of external script to be execured each time a pid is changed of monitored application (program.sh),and there was nothing indicating that monit even tried to execute test.sh script on changed pid event.
I even tried to strace monit's child process after monit startup,but in logs there was no presence of test.sh.
The system I'm using is SuSE v9.3,default installation.

Am I missing something or some other mistake I make ?

Sincerely

Dragan