Re: Monitor the number of files in a directory?

From: Edward A. Muller
Subject: Re: Monitor the number of files in a directory?
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:17:52 -0600 (CST)

FYI: I ended up using the following script...

#!/bin/bash
LIMIT=50
NUM=`ls -l <file> | wc -l`
if [ $NUM -gt $LIMIT ]
  the
    touch <other file>
  fi

This way I can use the following monit config...
check file mailman_qfiles with path <other file>
  start program = ....
  stop program = ...
  if changed timestamp then restart