Re: install mysql check in monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: install mysql check in monit
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:15:55 +0100

You need to set the configuration according to your mysql configuration (my.cnf) - is your mysql listening on localhost:3306/tcp? Or maybe just on unix socket?

Maravelias Marios - Tophost Internal wrote:
Hello, I have monit running for check and monitoring http.
It works fine.
To day I tried to install monitor for mysql database too.
I added these lines at /etc/monitrc file:

check process mysqld with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/
        group mysql
        start "/etc/init.d/mysqld start"
        stop  "/etc/init.d/mysqld stop"
        if failed port 3306 then restart
        if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

in the web interface I see this:

mysqld <> Connection failed 37m 3.4% 5.8% [122288 kB]

Why do I get connection failed? how do I fix that?

Thank you.

To unsubscribe: