Re: about monit.conf

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: about monit.conf
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 19:11:58 +0100

If the http interface is the issue:

it is possible to run monit in daemon mode without the http interface support - just omit the 'set httpd ...' statement. Email notification (alert statements) work regardless of http interface.

Also note that when monit is started from cron, then if cron dies, monit won't run, which makes the solution more fragile then daemon mode (when monit is running in daemon mode, it can watch cron as well, and monit itself can be watched by init).

Martin

Clifford W. Hansen wrote:
The reason for running monit from cron is for email notification, this is if
you don't need/want the web interface.

Afaik. Tbh I always run it as a deamon... ;)

Hope this helps,

Clifford.