Re: Adding one-time checks to monit?

From: Sergio Trejo
Subject: Re: Adding one-time checks to monit?
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:09:09 -1000

On 6/24/07, Aleksander <address@hidden> wrote:
Sergio Trejo wrote:

> Is there syntax to indicate to monit that it should look at something
> upon initialization? For example n = 0 like this?

I guess the first time of these n = 10 cycles would be the first one,
that is when monit was started. Not sure.

Aleksander, I was thinking the same thing you were but I was wrong. Given the example where the cycle = 60 seconds and the checking is every 10 cycles, it will take a full ten minutes from the time that monit is first started for the first check to take place.

I am fine with this because monit is monitoring program not a launching program. I was hoping there might be a trick with monit's syntax to use it also as a launcher. Alas, I will resort to using launchd on Mac OS X to launch and let monit monitor. Sometimes its best to use things only for what they are meant to be used for.

Cheers,

-Serg

--
Aleksander Kamenik