Re: monit: instead of timeout after restart failures, can I have it aler

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit: instead of timeout after restart failures, can I have it alert?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:02:14 +0200

Yes - just don't use the timeout statement, which serves as give-up trigger

Martin

On Jul 17, 2007, at 5:42 PM, Sennott, Mark wrote:

That's cool that it alerts, but I would also like to have it NOT give up trying to restart. This is for an app that is dependent on a db, so when
I do db maintenance I would like for monit to just patiently keep
retrying until the db comes back and the app reconnects. Is there a way
to do this?