Re: is monit just a pain in the arse or what ?

From: Ryan Dooley
Subject: Re: is monit just a pain in the arse or what ?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:51:21 -0700

On 7/26/07 6:03 PM, "andrew taylor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Normally, when I ask monit for status, I get this...
>
> address@hidden:~# monit summary
> monit: cannot read status from the monit daemon
>
> This happens constantly and is frustrating and useless.
>

> When I do get data, it tells me something like this...
>
> Process 'rails_mongrel_9200' Execution failed
> Process 'rails_mongrel_9201' Execution failed
> Process 'rails_job' running
> Process 'rails_mailer' Execution failed
>

> uhh...not quite, if I ps, all the processes are running, all the pids
> are there, everything is fine.

Would you mind posting your monitrc for your apps and your /etc/monitrc if
they are different?  Properly sanitized of course :-)

For what it is worth, I do monitor puppet (well puppetmasterd) on a
particular host and it works quite well.  Tomorrow, if it'd help any, I'll
filter mine back to this list.

Cheers,
Ryan