RE: is monit just a pain in the arse or what ?

From: Cryer,Phil
Subject: RE: is monit just a pain in the arse or what ?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:21:02 -0500

>> I am running Ubuntu Feisty server with the apt-get monit installed,
so
>> I did not screw anything up in the build/install.

>All this looks like problems with your monit configuration. We could
help more (I hope) if you post a copy of your >monit control file as
well as the monit version you are using. (I don't know which version
comes with Ubuntu).

>You can also try running the monit daemon in debug mode from the
console like so 'monit -Iv' and query it using >'monit -v summary'
>his should output some useful debug info to the console, which may help
debugging the problems you have with
>onit.

Also run with logging, this has helped me solve 100% of my configuration
issues with Monit.  While it might not be the most intuitive, Monit is
perfect at what it does, IMO, and once you learn how to use it, it's
invaluable.

Thanks

Phil

 If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments),
or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete
it and any attachments.  If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from Edward
Jones, please send this request to address@hidden  You must include the e-mail
address that you wish not to receive e-mail communications.