Re: Protocol options for mysql server

From: Sergio Trejo
Subject: Re: Protocol options for mysql server
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:20:16 -1000

Martin,

Thank you very much for clarifying how monit works with mysql -- it helped a lot!

Cheers,

Serg

On 8/15/07, Martin Pala < address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

the mysql protocol test will work for you even when you don't allow the
anonymous login. The mysql ping won't be performed however, since it
needs the authenticated session.

The protocol test works this way:

1.) try anonymous login

2a.) if login passed, send mysql ping

2b.) if login denied, mysql test succeeds immediately since the server
is responding to requests - the fact that the login failed is
represented as correct state (the server just doesn't allow anonymous
login thus it is not possible to check further requests such as mysql ping)

The 'depends' line is not necessary.

Martin