Re: Problem at startup (alert from a service which need a few seconds to

From: Jovan Kostovski
Subject: Re: Problem at startup (alert from a service which need a few seconds to start)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:48:51 +0200

> Hello !
>
> I have a little problem, i have a process who need a few time to start. So,
> when i
> start my computer, i receive from monit an alert telling me that the process
> is not
> launched, and a >few seconds later, i receive a new email telling me this
> process is
> launched...so i would like >to know how to correct that ?

> You can set the monit sleep time (the interval on which it checks the service
> states)
> to be longer than the time needed for starting the desired process

either by starting monit with parameters

monit -d 300

which tells monit to run as deamon and check the state of monitored
services on 300 secs (5mins)

or you can set this time in the monitrc file

set daemon 300
(which has the same effect as above line)

Change the 300 to some time longer of the time needed to start the
service, but be careful if  you're monitoring other services as well
bacause you may miss some state of services, or you'll experience some
downtime, till the monit refreshes

Cheers, Jovan