Re: Delaying tests for a number of cycles

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Delaying tests for a number of cycles
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:35:28 +0200

Monit supports the dependency for such situations (the 'depends on' statement).

Currently there is just soft dependency, hard dependency option is planned.

MosheC wrote:
The workaround is not enough in general. It is not always a case of starting
a service. For example, I check files and directories that are created and
initialized by processes yet to be invoked and they might depend on some
other factors. I would like the checks to start only in , let's say, 10

Martin Pala wrote:
If monit is starting the process, then it expects that the next monitoring cycle will be the service running otherwise it reports error.

This behavior cannot be changed currently, but i added the todo item for

As a workaround you can set your monitoring cycle so, that the service will have time enough to start.

MosheC wrote:
With "every N cycles" we can lower the test frequency.

Is it possible to only delay the first test for a number of cycles and
continue normally or possibly delay only the alerts.

I have a lot of alerts when I start monit that are a result of the new
processes being invoked by monit. It is just noise. I would like to get
alerts only after I have reached "steady state" and then the alerts will
really mean something "bad" happened.

To unsubscribe: