[monit] monit ignoring "set alert"

From: Simon Christian
Subject: [monit] monit ignoring "set alert"
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:26:22 +1100

Hi,

I've recently installed monit and written myself a basic configuration for it (see below). However monit seems to be ignoring the email address I entered for the "set alert" statement and is still sending alerts to address@hidden I was wondering if I've made a simple mistake or if there's something else going on.

I have configured and built monit on Linux RH 9.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Simon

My monitrc file:

set daemon 120
set logfile syslog facility log_daemon
set alert address@hidden

check host server1 with address server1.domain.com.au
   if failed icmp type echo count 5 with timeout 15 seconds then alert
   if failed port 25 protocol smtp then alert

check host server2 with address server2.domain.com.au
   if failed icmp type echo count 5 with timeout 15 seconds then alert
   if failed port 25 protocol smtp then alert

check host server3 with address server3.domain.com.au