[monit] problems with exec action

From: Benjamin Engle
Subject: [monit] problems with exec action
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 02:49:11 -0500

The below configuration detect my website failures perfect but it never runs the exec. I have tried to put commands directly in the quotes with no success either "/bin/date >> /var/monit.log"

I'm new to monit. Can someone please tell me what's wrong here? Thank you

check host shorthostname with address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        if failed url
        http://somewebserver/folder/index.jsp
        and content == 'MM_preloadImages'
        then exec "/usr/local/sbin/tomcat-restart"