Re: [monit] best practices for monitoring mongrels with monit?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] best practices for monitoring mongrels with monit?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:40:51 +0100

there are several references for monit + mongrel setup on the documentation/references page (

Especially these seems to apply:

Monit makes Mongrel play nice:

Montreal On Rails 5 : Rails deployment using : Nginx, Mongrel, Mongrel_cluster, Seesaw, Monit:

Elijah Wright wrote:

We're interested in hearing from folks who have worked out a set of "best practices" for monitoring mongrels with monit.

My local setup is remarkably similar to the one currently found in the " Practical Programmers Deploying Rails Apps Beta" PDF, as well as several other examples that we've seen floating around on the web.

Has someone gone to the trouble to do a pro/con analysis of a couple of different approaches, so that we can get a better idea of what folks have tried?

[We'd be sort of miserable if we didn't have monit... it allows us to build some beautiful things!]

thanks very much in advance,

To unsubscribe: