[monit] monit on freebsd

From: Francois
Subject: [monit] monit on freebsd
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:50:32 -0700

I'm trying to monitor a ferret server on my freebsd 6.3 machine. It runs on port 9011 so I have a line like this as part of my monit configuration:

if failed port 9011 then alert

unfortunately monit always reports a failure.

Some facts:
- Monit is running on the the same machine as the ferret server
- from the command line of the server I can do the following:

address@hidden /var/tmp]# telnet localhost 9011
Trying ::1...
Connected to
Escape character is '^]'.

And as can be seen I get connected.

- However, if I try to connect via instead of using localhost I get an error:

address@hidden /var/tmp]# telnet 9011
telnet: connect to address Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Any ideas on how I can monitor this through monit? Looks like this might have something to do with ipv6?

- thanks