[monit] set mailserver errors

From: Guby
Subject: [monit] set mailserver errors
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:51:24 -0300

Hi again!
I am getting strange behaviors when I am trying to set the outgoing mail server

I am using the googles smtp server for my domain and the config looks like this:

set mailserver smtp.gmail.com port 465 username "address@hidden" password "[PASSWORD]" using tlsv1 with timout 30 seconds

When using the exact same setting in my local mail application it works like a charm.

When running sudo monit -t or trying to start monit I get:

/etc/monit/monitrc:5: Error: hostname did not resolve 'username'
/etc/monit/monitrc:5: Error: hostname did not resolve 'address@hidden'
/etc/monit/monitrc:5: Error: hostname did not resolve 'password'
/etc/monit/monitrc:5: Error: syntax error 'tlsv1'

Any ideas?
I tried following the guide at http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/manual.php#setting_a_global_alert_statement but I can't see I have set anything to wrong values?
Nor do I understand why I get a syntax error for tlsv1?

Best regards
Sebastian