Re: [monit] bugs&deficiencies

From: Scott Silva
Subject: Re: [monit] bugs&deficiencies
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 09:56:29 -0700

on 5-29-2008 1:12 AM deis spake the following:
I've been playing with monit for a few hours and it seems that I came across a bug in it (tested recent beta and
stable versions). If I enter for an action exec "/bin/echo 1 >/some/destination", monit would actually
run /bin/echo "1 >/some/destination" causing echo to throw out "1 >/some/destination" to
console instead of sending 1 to the destination.

The quotes in your example seem to look wrong. Shouldn't it be more like;
exec /bin/echo "1" >/some/destination
Another very annoying deficiency of the tool is complete lack of chaining
arbitrary conditions, smth like
if ...
    if ...
    then ...
then...

and lack of logical operators (AND, OR, etc) in the if statements, which does
not allow to make decisions based on complex conditions. E.g., I want to test
connectivity to two hosts and execute an action only if both of them are down

Regards,
deis