Re: AW: [monit] Testing mysql for more than connectivity?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: AW: [monit] Testing mysql for more than connectivity?
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:16:40 +0200

regarding ldap test, monit's built-in ldap protocol test performs anonymous ldap bind and unbind ... if anonymous bid is allowed, it can detect the unresponsive ldap server.

Example syntax:
  if failed port 389 protocol ldap3 then restart

Please can you try it?

The script based testing schedule is tentative, but should be part of monit-5.0 (most probably to be released within few months).

Alternatively you can use hint no. 13 from FAQ.txt ( )