[monit] Execute an external program as a test

From: Ed Greenberg
Subject: [monit] Execute an external program as a test
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:12:57 -0700

I have a somewhat complex collection of tests, and all of them must be positive in order to have Monit restart the task under management. Basically, if a process is i/o blocked, and also hasn't written a log file entry for more than 15 minutes, I'd like to restart it.

The only way I can see to support this is to write a script to look for the condition.

Is there a way to have Monit run a script and act on the return value? Or is there any other way for Monit to detect these conditions?

Ed Greenberg
West Hollywood, CA