Re: [monit] Problem with monit starting one of my scripts

From: Matthew Robinson
Subject: Re: [monit] Problem with monit starting one of my scripts
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:29:59 +0100

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 08:23 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
on 8-13-2008 5:18 PM Stephen Adams spake the following:
> Hey Martin,
> I had #!/bin/sh at the start of my scripts...
> I've changed it to #!/bin/bash and it's now working!! I'm not sure
> what's different between my sh and bash shells though.
> Thanks for your help
I think /bin/sh is usually aliased to bash, but if the environment isn't
there, the aliases aren't either.

Some distro's (eg: ubuntu) started shipping dash as the default shell, which isn't completely compatible with bash. The debian based distro's use a symlink from /bin/sh to whatever your shell is configured to be (see update-alternatives).

Matthew Robinson

t:  +44(0)1253 881418     e:  address@hidden     w: