[monit] File check with execution of a script

From: Julian Thomé
Subject: [monit] File check with execution of a script
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:56:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hi at all,

I have a question about the file checks with monit.
Is it possible to check only the existence of a file with monit ?
In the Online Documentation there are a lot of Options like checksum, gid, ...
etc. but i only want to check if a file exists.
Something in this kind ...

check file filename with path /home/user/x
        start programm = "xyz.sh start"
        stop programm = "xyz.sh stop"
        if failed uid root then restart

.

This script is  syntactically correct but the effect does not coorespond to my
conception. I would like to make the execution of a script dependent on the
existence of a file.

Thank you in advance
Julian Thomé