Re: [monit] Monit not saving state after restart

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Monit not saving state after restart
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:35:14 +0200

The state was changed to be persistent even across monit restarts, it will be part of next monit release.

You can get the code in cvs:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=monit

Martin

Paul Dowman wrote:
Ah, I should have tried kill -9 to be sure monit wasn't cleaning up the state on shutdown. That does work, thanks. So now I know that if it crashes and gets restarted by init/upstart it will keep it's state which is what I was mostly concerned about. But it won't keep it's state after a reboot I guess, it would be useful if that could be an option.

Thanks!
Paul