[monit] Using Monit with Linux HA

From: Adams, Randee S \(Randee\)
Subject: [monit] Using Monit with Linux HA
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:31:39 -0500

I want to set up Linux HA with MONIT but I would like to set up an active/hot standby configuration. To support hot standby I want to keep the services on the standby node running. Only the active would have the virtual IP. If I read the MONIT section on heartbeat it seems to assume that the standby services would not be started, and kept running until they are designated to be active. Is there a way to keep everything running yet still maintain the concept of an active node?