Re: [monit] Monit daemon broken

From: Brian Downey
Subject: Re: [monit] Monit daemon broken
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 05:56:19 -0800

Nevermind the prior message, I've resolved it. Somehow the binary itself must have gotten corrupted. Another "gmake install" fixed it!

Thanks for your help!

On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Martin Pala wrote:

the message is generated because monit was unable to get the physical memory size ... the memory size is fetched by AIX's perfstat_memory_total() interface. The error in monit log will look most probably like this:

 system statistic error -- perfstat_memory_total failed: <some reason>

Please run monit with -v option (verbose mode) and check output.

Is the error seen on certain AIX version and/or machine only? Is the access to the AIX box still available?