Re: [monit] FW: M/Monit Purchase

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] FW: M/Monit Purchase
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:05:41 +0100

On 26. feb.. 2009, at 16.20, Perdue, Emmett wrote:

I need information / options on how to purchase M/Monit for a Corporation. I understand the license scheme, but is PayPal the only option? My company is not thrilled with that option....

We have done some research and come to the conclusion that PayPal really is the simplest and best solution for us right now. Last time I checked, we cannot use Checkout by Amazon nor Google Checkout as we are located in Europa. From what I have heard they are not much better than PayPal either. The other more expensive and time consuming alternative is to setup a system to talk to a credit card processing gateway such as Authorize.net. We may do this later, but right now we'd like to use our time and resources on M/Monit and Monit development.

PayPal has a okay API and we will wrap it so the time spent on PayPal will not be so "painful".

Also, How can I change the time out value where M/Monit logs you out of the console?

Change sessionTimeout in server.xml or click the "Remember me" button in the login screen.