[monit] set different mail format on success and failure

From: Emil Natan
Subject: [monit] set different mail format on success and failure
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:13:00 +0300

Hi list,

Do someone have an idea how to modify the mail format for specific
event on success and failure. We are using message layout convention
for alerts from various monitoring systems. Every message subject line
is tagged with "INFO", "ERR" etc. What I try to achieve is to tag the
failure messages with "ERR" and the success messages with "INFO". For
example using the following stanza:

set mail-format {
     From: address@hidden
     Subject: +++ ERR - $EVENT $SERVICE
}

produce the following Subject line:

+++ ERR - Does not exist postfix   (on failure)
+++ ERR - Exists postfix           (on success)

What I try to achieve is:

+++ ERR - Does not exist postfix   (on failure)
+++ INFO - Exists postfix           (on success)

Any ideas are welcome.
monit version 4.10.1.

Emil