Re: [monit] Aborting monit on failure

From: Aleksander Kamenik
Subject: Re: [monit] Aborting monit on failure
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:39:55 +0300

Stephan-Frank Henry wrote:
I have a requirement to have a monitoring system that will monitor a
file and a remote server (+ more later maybe) and if one of both
fails, the system should execute a scrip and then stop dead (i.e.
monit stop).

Hi,

It's "monit quit", but may I ask why do you want monit to kill itself instead of say "monit stop all && monit unmonitor all"? I just can't imagine why the kill is necessary.

Regards,

--

Aleksander Kamenik
System Administrator