Re: [monit] cpu usage check skipped (initializing)... always stuck at in

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] cpu usage check skipped (initializing)... always stuck at initializing
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:46:40 +0100

Hello,

is the machine where monit is running physical system or some virtual host?
Monit <= 5.0.3 had had problem to monitor process cpu/memory usage in some
virtual environments (like Linux Vserver) which either do not present whole
process tree or doesn't show PID 1. This is fixed in next version (5.1). To get
more details about what's going on you can run Monit in verbose mode:

monit -vI

As you mentioned that your platform is x64, make also sure that Monit is
compiled with 64-bit support to be able to get correct data about 64-bit
processes. You can verify it with "file" command:

file monit

Martin