Re: Silencing Monit for a given amount of cycles

From: Julian Berkner
Subject: Re: Silencing Monit for a given amount of cycles
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:03:28 +0100

> check system localhost
>      if loadavg (1min) > 0.1 for 2 cycles then exec "/usr/bin/test -f
> /tmp/ignore || /my/script"
>
> /my/script has simply to touch /tmp/ignore .

This does not work for me.
According to monit log file, only '/usr/bin/test' is called, without neither
any parameter, nor the OR part.
But thanks to your idea i was able to make it work by myself, by simply moving
your test inside my script.
And i appended an
  else if succeeded for 3 cycles then exec "/bin/rm /tmp/ignore"
to monitrc,
so after 3 cycles of "peace" emailing and caretaking will be switched back on.

Thank you for your help!

--
Kind regards,
Julian